Thursday, October 7, 2010

Easy Breezy Dinner in Minutes

My cousins came into town and the kids and I met them out for dinner. The kids had a blast hanging out with their long lost cousins from Colorado. But this of course meant my home cooked dinner plans were thrown out the window and poor hubby walked in the door hungry with no hope in sight. He pulled the chicken out of the fridge that I had planned on cooking with the WT jerk seasoning and serving cranberry spiced plantains and yams. These were both new recipes for me and I was very excited to try them. But since he took over post bath holding of the kid duties and I wasn't ready to cook up the island yumminess -- I decided to just make him a quick chicken and veggie saute instead.
1 chicken breast cubed
3 TBSP Tuscan dipping oil, divided
1/4 cup diced onions
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
handful of baby spinach
CA Garlic Pepper, to taste

I used 1 TBSP of the oil to saute the onions then added another 1 TBSP when I added the mushrooms a few minutes later. I set those veggies aside. I added the final TBSP of oil and added the chicken and seasoned generously with the garlic pepper blend. I sauteed the chicken til almost done then added the veggies blend back in to warm up and added the spinach to wilt about 2 minutes.

Since we had potatoes on hand I had microwaved that while sauteing -- but could have easily served this over rice as well. He was very happy with the results and it literally took me 10 minutes to make the entire meal. It helps that I keep fresh sliced mushrooms and diced onions in the fridge and handy at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment