Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Quick Pumpkin Soup = Happy dinner time

I saw this recipe in a pure + simple magazine that I picked up at my Chiropractor's office. I went home and placed an order for Wildtree's Thai red curry paste that night and anxiously awaited for the box! This recipe was so easy to make and was on the table in about 10 minutes!!!! Just enough time for me to throw together some Udi's Gluten Free grilled cheese sandwiches (compliments of my GF bestest that visited this weekend) to go with it!

I altered the original recipe a bit:
1. I specifically used the WT Thai red curry paste because I love it and
am looking for new uses for it.
2. It called for 1 cup of coconut milk and 1 cup of water. I wanted a creamier
texture and taste so I up the coconut milk to 1 1/4 cup and decreased the water
to 1/2 cup.


I hope you enjoy this really quick, delicious, healthy and easy fall comfort recipe!


WT Curry Pumpkin Soup

15 oz. canned pumpkin (not pie filling just pureed pumpkin)

2 TBSP WT Thai Red Curry Paste

1 1/4 cup coconut milk (I used lite as I had it in my pantry)

1/2 cup water


Put pumpkin, curry paste, coconut milk and water in a pot on medium hi heat.

Stir or whisk to mix well.

Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Allow to warm.

Can add toasted pumpkin seeds to top the soup and add some crunch.


Butter Toasted Pumpkin Seeds

4 tsp. pumpkin seeds, dried

1 teaspoon WT Butter Flavor Grapeseed oil


Heat oil and pumpkin seeds in a skillet until slightly browned and toasty.

Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment